CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Saturday, October 6, 2007

One Nice Fall Day

It was mostly a lazy day today. I got pretty good sleep last night, and spend most of the morning doing chores in slow motion. Winter is just around the corner, as evidenced by the fact that Sierra's water was frozen this morning. In fact, yesterday just before dark we had some snow-ish material falling from the sky. The only place any accumulation to be noticed was in the corner between the windshield wipers and windshield of my truck. I digress.

The afternoon was much the same as the morning, except that late in the afternoon I took the family for a walk on a trail I discovered just up the street from our house. We followed the trail through early autumn colors and fallen bark-beetled trees amid the healthier and greener trees that survived the drought. The trail is pretty and offers 1/2 mile access to Keller Peak vicinity. It was nice to just grab the dog and go, and I am sure we will venture down this trail many times in the future.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not up to date yet. You will have to help me set up a blog-- I am interested in hiking that trail some time. -CL

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for not sending a link. Took me forever to find you. Oh well. Looks good! Keep the updates flowing.

Cameron/Melissa said...

Yeah, sorry I forgot to send that to you. Got Kind-a busy! Well, you found it anyway (probably in your wife's email).