CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, November 13, 2009

First Snow




Sometimes the snow falls gently and quietly and you don't hear it or know it is there. And sometimes especially in our moutains it announces its arrival loudly. As I slept last night I could hear the rain in my dreams. I liked the noise. And then it changed. And instead of rain blowing against my windows it was snow. I knew it even as I slept. Then Cameron said it's snowing. (He is pretty sure no one else understands the weather quite like him.)

When he woke the girls this morning he pulled up the blinds and showed them what had happened while they slept. Although it wasn't much snow it was enough to make their day and for them to smile. They quickly put on their clothes and Ashling added shoes so that she could go outside and touch it. We love the first snow and we are very thankful for it. I only pray for 10 more feet before Thanksgiving! (Hey I can pray for whatever I want.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah for snow! I'm with you, I want lots of snow soon!

Stacey and Tony said...

if you get 10 more feet before, will you still be coming for Thanksgiving?