CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

skiing


Just like every year we have done a lot of skiing this winter. These are the only two pictures I have taken of the events. I guess we are pretty bad at taking pictures. Our kids are pretty good skiers. Ali can ski down the black diamonds when she wants to and regularly goes off of little jumps. She can ski in control and likes to ski with her friends every time. I have taken one of her friend's up skiing a lot and they have spent a lot of time going off and skiing one or two runs before checking in. She loves the independence.


Ashling is good at skiing too. She is fast and has learned this year to also be in control. She makes her own choices on when to turn and can ski down anything. Since she is littler than Ali she tends to get tired a little faster and she doesn't really go off any jumps with the intent to get air. She would be happy skiing down the green runs but usually she ends up skiing on the blues with the family. Her favorite trail is bubble gum which is a narrow road that goes through the trees. I don't know what is so special about this trail but most kids love it. Maybe it is the name.
I have enjoyed skiing this year with my only complaint being that the snow gets icy too quickly with all our warm days. Otherwise it has been great. I have learned to ski much faster but still slow down whenever I am uncomfortable with the conditions. I have added a couple blacks to what I like to ski but still go down them pretty slowly. At least I feel that as a skier I can go down anything I choose to do even if it is not graceful at all.




0 comments: