CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Christmas Ski Vacation Day 6- Visiting Grandma and Poppy

After getting to sleep in for the first time on the trip we enjoyed Cameron's crapes with strawberries and home made buttermilk syrup.  We then dressed for church and went to the Auburn Ward Sacrament Meeting.  I was surprised to only recognize some names and to realize that all the kids I grew up with were the ones in the meeting with kids of their own!  Funny how I never imagined them growing up too.  I hardly recognized a soul and realized that I really have been away for way too long.  I said hello to a couple of friendly faces and then we left to meet David and Samantha and family at the cemetary.

On the way we saw a field full of at least 200 horses.  Since right now horses are Ali's favorite thing this was very exciting to her.  The girls got out of the car in their church clothes while it was still snowing and headed over to the horses.





They walked along the horse pasture while we followed in the car.  Finally they found one close enough to touch.  



We met everyone else at the Auburn Cemetery.  We added some snow clothes to our church clothes and walked out to my family's Putnam grave plots.  We found Poppy and Grandma's grave marker and showed the kids.  I brought them a pointsetta which reminded me of Grandma.  It was anti-climatic for me.  I wanted to visit Poppy and Grandma's graves and bring something to them.  Although their bodies may be buried there I didn't feel  them the way I wanted.  I can't wait to someday meet them again in Heaven and really see them.  



After the cemetery we drove through Auburn and looked at Grandma's house.  It wasn't green and white but yellow and they had added on to it... It wasn't her house and I was sad that we weren't stopping in to see grandma and opening the fence to see her on the porch.  It wasn't exactly the same and it made me sad.  

That evening we watched an important Sea Hawks game... that they lost and decorated the Christmas tree.  


Cameron tried to snowblow the driveway and David found something to melt the ice off the steps.  We had a great evening and a wonderful dinner that Samantha cooked.  


0 comments: