CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Christmas Vacation Day 4- traveling to Wyoming

I was born in Wyoming.  I love it there.  I spent a lot of time there as a teen and consider it home.  I haven't been back to Star Valley since I went to my Grandma Vira's funeral.  I have missed it so much.  When  I found out that David and Samantha were going to a house in Star Valley I was super jealous and they eventually invited us to come and stay with Samantha's family.  I jumped on it and had ski tickets bought and plans made before Cameron could find a way to say no.

Driving the way back to Star Valley seemed like coming home to me.  We enjoyed the drive and the snow quite a bit.  I think my vision of winter must still come from being a child.  The snow covered sage brush was beautiful to me in a way I can't even describe.  I love the endless skies and the the clouds made everything more beautiful.  My memories of childhood swirled around me and I felt a part of me return.  We listened to country music and tried to count the horses and antelope.


Towards evening we arrived in Afton.  The town was different.  Most of the store fronts were occupied and there were lots of new big stores.  The town was busy and bustling for the evening.  It was lightly snowing and 15 degrees.  I couldn't have been happier to see it.  Our windshield wiper fluid was frozen so we had to buy some more and try to melt it.  


Our destination for the evening was Jackson Hole so we continued on driving up the snake river canyon in the dark.  We arrived at our hotel and got everything we needed inside.  (One note here:  since we have been traveling so much lately we have learned an important lesson.  If you are only staying in a hotel for one night pack a hotel bag with a change of clothes and pajamas for everyone.  Then you only need to drag one bag inside instead of all the bags.) Cameron and I left again to obtain lunch supplies for our next day of skiing.  We bought mostly snacks and string cheese plus a thermos for hot chocolate.  The best part of having an 11 year old is her being able to babysit!  

We got back to our room and the girls were showered and enjoying a movie.  Cameron and I decided to check out the hot tub without the kids and enjoyed relaxing from the drive in a great big hot tub!  It was a great day and I was very happy to be back in my birth state.  

0 comments: