CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, May 9, 2014

Finally the House Sold

We found out that we were moving to Utah at the end of January and by the middle of February we had our house on the market and had made plans to have a house built in Heber City Utah.  We put down money for the house and picked everything out... but the house wouldn't be done for at least 5 months.... so we were not too anxious to have it sell.

At first we had hardly anyone look at it.. and that was fine.  Then we figured out ways to list it where it would be seen better... and some people looked and said the house looked great but no one made an offer.  Once it was April, I started to get a little worried... what if the house didn't sell?  I looked at our calendar and realized that I would really like it to sell by the second week of May... and then I told my realtor and my family that we needed it to sell then.

There were a lot of reasons that I wanted it to sell prior to our house being done... we knew it would be next to impossible to get the timing right, the new loan would be easier to go through without an old house, I was too stressed to wait and our summer plans would be complicated if we were trying to sell a house or move in the middle of it all.

Needless to say we came to the first weekend of May without a realistic possibility and I was worried.  An older man drove by our house on Saturday evening and took a flier and I offered to show him the inside of the house... although I never thought he would want it.   Sunday our family fasted and prayed that our house would sell by that Friday the 10th...

Tuesday Evening we got an offer and by Friday we had it all buttoned up... I was so grateful that our house could sell and consider it a huge answer to prayers.

0 comments: