CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Laid Off

I remember posting last fall in October about the depression and things feeling bad. We managed to get by that hard time with some conservation and getting rid of some things. The past year hasn't been so bad. I didn't buy the kids school clothes for the first year ever but I managed to buy some new shoes for each one. I didn't buy a new bike for Ashling even though she needs one but I managed to talk the guy at the thrift store down to 6 dollars for a used one. We still haven't bought new tubes for it but hopefully we will soon. I learned to turn off the lights as I walked around the house. My electric bill went down a lot just for that. In fact on Wednesday I was looking forward to our paycheck because I knew how to spend the money and with my babysitting job I thought maybe I would go shopping for some winter clothes for the girls.


Cameron came home that night with the news that he is no longer employed at Webb.

I guess the Depression is not over. He had about 10 applications out already after the few slow weeks of work. He filled out about 10 more applications on Thursday and Friday. Only 2 are in our area... the rest are throughout the west. The worst part of the Depression is this... even with all those applications out we don't know if we will get a job. Even with all the applications he may find we don't know if he will find a job.

We have a lot of decisions to make... should we move away from our house... even without a job. Should we stay in our house and raid our 401K? It is hard to know what to do when you don't know how long to be prepared for.


1 comments:

Shar said...

i'm so sorry! we will keep you in our prayers. starting tonight and for as long as it takes. we love you guys!