CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, August 15, 2008

Summer time things to do

Yesterday I took the girls to the San Bernardino County Museum. It was really fun. We saw live animals and got to pet a snake and a bunny. We saw lots of different frogs and millipedes. We also saw tons of cockroaches and skinks which are kind of like a lizard. We then explored the world of large stuffed animals. They had nearly every kind of animal that there is in North America. They also had a large exhibit of butterflies that Ali looked at and found all the ones around our house. After that we looked at all the stuffed birds and their eggs. We then went to a traveling exhibit of architecture. They had coloring pages for the kids to color and put on the wall. I was very proud because Ashling wrote her own name for the first time! They also had tons of blocks to build your own buildings and we built quite a few different towers. It was fun to play with the girls for the afternoon.

Today I took the girls to the school. We took their bikes, a soccer and basketball and a large water bottle. I played a little basketball with Ali, bounced the ball back and forth with Ashling, and watched the girls ride their bikes to the top of the black top and then race back down again. It was really fun to go to the school to ride bikes and we will have to do that again soon. Ali saw a friend there and enjoyed playing with her. They tried to catch butterflies and raced across the monkey bars. Overall I have been trying harder to find things to keep the girls entertained and hopefully it will work.

1 comments:

Nicole said...

What a fun day! It sounds like a great time. Thanks for taking the time to see us during your vacation. It was fun to see your cute family!
There are two blogs that I LOVE that have fun ideas of things to do with kiddos. If you go to my blog they are in my links list:
I never grew up
and
Make and Takes

Hope you get some good ideas. I really like the letter of the day ideas on I never grew up, although it sounds like your girls have no problem with letters...you could maybe do numbers?? I don't know. GOod luck. I am still trying to get some fun and creative ideas incorporated into my day with Weston. :)