CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ahhhh, will school please start already?

I am trying to convince myself that twelve days is really not that many until school starts. It isn't... except that right now it is. We have had a pretty good summer but my Ali is bored and ready for school to start. Today we wrote a story, worked on about 20 puzzles, Ashling worked on writing and recognizing the letters in her name, played some games, read some stories, they played outside, played babies and house and I clean out my closet. But she is still convinced that our house is the most boring place in the whole world. I am pretty convinced it is like being trapped in an insane asylum because all Ali wants is friends to come over and all I want is school to start. I called three friends out of desperation but none of them were home. She only asked me 85 times if she could call an additional friend but my list ran dry. She has told me that she needs new toys 50,000 times and she can't wait for Christmas.

I haven't posted on our vacation because it has taken all my energy to keep the kids busy even though I now feel great. So please let me know what I am doing wrong and what new inventive ideas you have for keeping my busy girls entertained without spending any money for the next two weeks! (We did just get back from a vacation after all.)

Another side note: Ali will not go to sleep at night. Anyone have any ideas of what to do with the six year old who can't or won't go to sleep at night? It is starting to really get on my nerves. Cameron is sitting outside their door right now and she will still not listen and lay still. We threaten and punish her but it doesn't work. I am about ready to give her sleeping pills so please help (j/k).

2 comments:

Stacey and Tony said...

Poor Ali. I feel bad for you but I can understand Ali. I think she takes after her Aunt Stacey who is always bored and can never fall asleep at night. (Remember having to tell me stories you made up to get me to sleep?) What you need to get are some stories on tape or CD to play to her to help her sleep. Also I've found that while I cannot drink warm milk cause it's gross, Hershey's now has a hot chocolate called good nights or something like that in white or milk chocolate which if you mix a little of that with the hot milk and let her sip it maybe an hour before she will calm down. Hmmm... what else works for me? One thing for me that sometimes helps is a carb, like white bread or crackers. If I can't sleep because I'm hungry or I think i'm hungry, then a peice of bread or crackers help.
As for being bored... I don't really know how to have fun without money. I'll try to think of some ideas though.

Stacey and Tony said...

Poor Ali. I feel bad for you but I can understand Ali. I think she takes after her Aunt Stacey who is always bored and can never fall asleep at night. (Remember having to tell me stories you made up to get me to sleep?) What you need to get are some stories on tape or CD to play to her to help her sleep. Also I've found that while I cannot drink warm milk cause it's gross, Hershey's now has a hot chocolate called good nights or something like that in white or milk chocolate which if you mix a little of that with the hot milk and let her sip it maybe an hour before she will calm down. Hmmm... what else works for me? One thing for me that sometimes helps is a carb, like white bread or crackers. If I can't sleep because I'm hungry or I think I'm hungry, then a piece of bread or crackers help.
As for being bored... I don't really know how to have fun without money. I'll try to think of some ideas though. For Tony's nephew his doctor suggested children's melatonin, which comes in these little chewable cherry flavored tablets. I think they get them at GNC. They are supposed to be non habit forming and made from all natural ingredients proven to help children fall asleep. Any way that's all the advice this non-parent has for the night.