CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My first craving....

I don't normally have things that I call cravings when I am pregnant. Yes I always wanted cake with Ashling but I doubt that was healthy. And with Ali I just wanted Tucanos food for 9 months. But the other night Cameron was messing around in the kitchen at 10:00 pm and I asked what he was making. He said, "taco soup." This sounded very good to me and I begged and pleaded for him to make it. After he wouldn't, I went in the kitchen to see if I had the ingredients to make it. I didn't. There are no stores open on the mountains at 10:00 p.m. and so I gave up. A couple of days later I made it for dinner and it was as good as it sounded. I am still craving it and will buy the stuff to make it again today. I hope my family doesn't get tired of it because I really need to eat taco soup for breakfast, lunch and dinner..... well maybe not quite that much but it is close.

So here is the recipe for taco soup in case you want to know what it is I am craving....

Taco Soup

1 pound hamburger cooked just like tacos
1 can kidney beans
1 can corn
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can ro-tel (it is by the tomatoes and I always get mild)
1 envelope taco seasoning

Dump all ingredients into a pot. Stir around and cook until warm. Serve over fritos chips in a bowl and put sour cream and cheese on top. Very yummy.

In other news I am in my second trimester! Finally I am 14 weeks along and starting to feel better and get some energy back. We went on a hike last night and now I know that being lazy for 7 weeks has not been good for my endurance and I will have to build up again. I am not showing in anyway that looks pregnant and still wearing my normal clothes although they are a little tighter. I am glad this baby is already not as big as Ashling was at the same point. Hopefully the fact that sweets aren't high on my list has helped....

4 comments:

Ina said...

Don't you know it si a 110 degrees outside. Taco soup or any soup for that matter sound horriable. I need something cold, like watermelon, mmmm!

Nicole said...

and so it begins. :) MMMM I love taco soup. thanks for the reminder! And good luck with this pregnancy, i'm so glad to hear you're feeling a little bit better. :)

Barbara said...

Thanks again for the recipe, it sounds yummy!

Jessica Marie said...

I LOVE taco soup!!