CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Attack of the Sugar Monster

We invited our friends up for the weekend from Murrieta. We had a great time. We made some steak and hot dogs and then drove over to Lake Arrowhead. Barbara and I got pedicures while the men entertained the kids. After that we did a little shopping. Barbara got a new purse and I got some new shoes that actually have a heel. (They looked really cute to show off my pedicure.) We came back to the house and Cameron made some brownies.

This is where it got a little interesting. I think that Cameron and I are a little unprepared for a new baby. We forget that they get into everything especially since Ashling never really got into anything and always tried to listen. Anyways their little boy is two and like all two year olds into everything. We were enjoying talking and nobody noticed him slip away. Later we went into the kitchen and saw that he had played with our sugar like sand and spread it all over the kitchen. Cameron and Andrew cleaned it up and it seemed like it was all gone. Until today I opened my lower cupboards and found sugar everywhere! It should be interesting to have to baby proof our house and ourselves again. The moral to this story is put the sugar away after you use it Cameron!

4 comments:

Stacey and Tony said...

When I was little, I remember spilling a whole container of sugar on the floor. Mom could have freaked, but instead we drew little pictures in the sugar on the floor, and then when we were done cleaned it up. I don't think I was much older than 2 or 3, but remember it. Any way what's the baby going to be? Didn't you say you'd know by the 21st?

Nicole said...

Okay, this cracked me up! SO funny. And even though Weston is two and we still have to keep plenty out of his reach...we also have a lot we DON'T have to keep up...so bring it on. It will be interesting re-learning babyness. haha.

Okay, onto the memory. I have to say my favorite memories with you are all of what you mentioned!!! I loved walking down the street to your house and feeling like we could just do nothing at all and have fun! Walking to school...you know...I remember our Santa Claus conversation. Do you remember that? how we were absolutely SURE that he was real because of what we got for Christmas. I remember playing cards with your grandma and the lid things that she would use to hold the cards. ahh...good times! This game is really making me miss everyone!
Love ya

Ina said...

You better prepare yourselves. When we come in October Gideon will be in very much the same get into everything stage. Here comes trouble.

Barbara said...

Hope this wasn't to big of a mess for you. I guess I should just be a better mom and watch him closer.