CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, July 11, 2008

Lake Gregory

I found a new love.... Don't worry you don't have to feel sorry for Cameron it's not that bad. I have fallen in love with a lake that we have in the mountains. I love swimming of any kind and have felt like there was no where to go this year much to my disappointment. Today a friend of mine, (Amanda,) suggested we go to Lake Gregory. It was wonderful. There was a nice lake that wasn't too dirty with lots of sandy shore and pretty warm water. It wasn't particularly warm today and it was overcast but the lake still felt wonderful. We rented a long board that the kids could paddle on and they went all over the lake with it (or at least out to the buoys where they had to stop with life vests on.) Ali convinced me to take her to the other side of the lake so I got to get some exercise while taking her across on the long board.

Other than the swimming there was sand to dig in and the kids played a little frisbie. They also had a cheap reasonable snack bar and the kids got corn dogs. There were shade trees if you wanted to stay out of the sun and plenty of sunny beach too.

I plan on going back lots of times. With gas so expensive the beach is hard to go to this year and so this will be our new beach. What a wonderful little spot to take the kids for the day and let them work on swimming and playing in the sun. Maybe I will remember the camera and sometime we can have pictures too.

0 comments: