CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Day! (edited edition)

Somewhere around the 16th of December I realized that none of my family would be with me for Christmas. And this hasn't happened since we had kids. I started to be a little worried because there are usually more presents and more people and I wondered if we would be enough. We decided that we would open the presents slowly and let the kids play with each one and not rush our morning. It worked perfectly.


Christmas eve some visitors (without kids,) brought us cookies and we invited them in for our Christmas Eve dinner of waffles and bacon. They stayed and helped us wrap presents, bring up the desk, and deliver another flying tree squirrel to his new home. I enjoyed having them and it made me miss my sister and her wrapping help less. Later we finished setting up the doll house and all was ready for Christmas morning.


Annika's Christmas presents from Santa
The Christmas Tree!
Our girls always surprise us on Christmas. They wake up at the normal time. Annika woke up first around 7:00 am and then in our bed she yelled to her sisters until they woke up and came in. Then we all went upstairs to see what Santa brought us.

Cameron made Ashling a doll house for her barbies and we bought a set of furniture to go in it. She was very happy to have it.
I bought a used ugly desk and chair from the thrift store. It didn't seem to hold much promise. But a new coat of paint plus painting the hardware and recovering the chair made a brand new desk. Ali has been wanting a new desk for a long time and she was very happy to get it.
Ali gave me the biggest, longest hug in the world for giving her the desk.

Santa gave Annika a shape sorter that she seemed very happy to have.

Annika loves our dog and is always climbing all over her but our dog doesn't seem to mind it.
Annika has started to ask to go outside. Too bad it is the coldest, wettest part of the year. I guess we will have to go down the hill where she can crawl around in the warm sun at the park.
For Christmas I was spoiled. I got a treadmill that was hiding in the garage. I like my treadmill because Cameron had to do research and buy it off of Craigslist where we could afford it. Nothing like a little thought. After it was set up I got right on it and started running. What surprised me the most is that Cameron went running on it too. I also got some ski socks, a sweater, a pair of pants and some perfume. (Hopefully I will smell better now!)
Annika is an expert stair climber now. She can go up and down!

The girls gave Annika a puppy that sings, dances and moves around. It also will chase its bone. Annika loves the little toy!

We are ready to go to Grandma Sue's house for Christmas dinner!

We opened presents at Grandma Sue's house. We sorted them all out and each family took a turn. Our families are getting too big to open presents all together. I am not sure what the best way to open presents is. How do you open presents in your big family celebrations. It was fun but it was a very tight fit in their living room all together.



Ashling got a Karaoke machine for Christmas from Grandma Sue and she hasn't stopped singing since we opened it. It was what she kept asking for and she was so excited to get it!
Annika was a little hard to contain during the present opening at Grandma's house.
Cameron had two themes for Christmas. He got a hat, gloves and thermos for skiing. He also got an external hard drive, ear buds, and a cooling fan in the hopes that we can once again have music on the computer. He also got an emergency radio from his parents with weather band on it. (If you know Cameron then you know how important that is to him.

Merry Christmas to all and I hope your Christmas was great too!

1 comments:

Shar said...

It's so much fun when you have time to sit and enjoy the gifts! We did that this year, too, because it was a pretty small Christmas. The other thing I do to make it look "bigger" is wrap every single little item. He he he. It makes less seem like more, and who needs more anyway? :)

I love that you redid the desk and that Cameron made the dollhouse. That makes the gifts so personal and full of love. Much better than just a store-bought item, and much more memorable. I need to be more like you in that way.

Your girls are so cute and so big! I wish we lived closer and could hang out some. Having all girls is awesome!

happy christmas and new years. love yA!