CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, May 23, 2008

Grateful for moisture

Right now it looks like January outside. There is thick pea soup fog floating lazily around. Two inches of snow coats the ground and everything is dripping. My heater is on artificially warming us and it is still supposed to snow more all weekend. The only strange thing is that the oak trees are in full bloom, the flowers are trying to bloom but wilting a little, and my vegetable garden is planted and waiting for sun. What a strange world we live in! We spend the first part of spring worried about fires and now we are enjoying winter once again.

Yesterday it snowed off and on all day but it didn't stick. At about 4:00 it started to thunder off in the distance. It sounded like someone walking around on my deck and stopping hard. But nobody was there. I started to make dinner and enjoyed one of my favorite sounds. Then just as I had dinner ready for a friend who is sick it started pop corn snowing the biggest balls I have ever seen. The sky lit up better than the fourth of July and the flashes came at least every three seconds. The thunder now seemed to shake the house as it almost kept up with the lightning. In a matter of minutes the ground was covered. I have never seen such big flakes fall to the ground. I decided that it was actually dangerous to leave with all this storm. So I sat with the girls and watched the storm.

Ali was a little worried. I don't think she remembers the last thunderstorm well and this one was so much more intense than the others. She asked if we could say a pray to make the storm go away. Talk about moments that make a mom want to cry. I enjoyed sitting there with my two little girls who were scared and saying a prayer to make them feel safe. I did not ask for the storm to go away as I wanted all the moisture we could receive. So Ali and Ashling each added their own prayers to mine. They wanted the thunder and lightning to stop. Soon the thunder faded off in to the distance and it just snowed little tiny flakes on and off for the rest of the evening.

I am grateful for moisture that seemed to come just when we really needed it. I am grateful for little girls who learn what they are taught and know that their Heavenly Father is real, is listening, and will hear their prayers when they pray. I am grateful for a church that teaches me how to teach my little girls the right way. I am grateful for a Heavenly Father who gives us what we need when we need it so that we can grow and develop to be what he wants us to be.

1 comments:

Ina said...

Greatful for the moisture but i'm glad to see the sun again. I wanted to tell you that Debbie had her baby. A little boy, Luke Anthony, He was a month early and it was a little scary at first but they are all home and he is doing good now. There is a baby shower this Saturday. I will take a picture and post it on my blog.