CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Blessings

I wanted to write about blessings. I feel that we have had a lot of blessings in the past couple of months. We have been able to pay our bills despite our tight budget since Cameron stopped being able to work over time in March. I really thought that might be the end of the world but we have survived despite gas prices going up so much during that time. We paid our tithing, paid our bills, saved a little and managed. We picked up side jobs, scrimped and saved on groceries, cut back where we could and made it. We now can live with the smaller budget. And this week we found out that Cameron is getting a new job at his work and will be able to work all the over time we need. So it seems to me like an answer to prayers. We learned how to live with less and now we will be able to save more and pay off our debt. What a blessing.

Also I learned how to use coupons since we have had to. I am now making a menu, finding coupons where ever I have to and saving money at the grocery store. I even have been able to pick up several items for food storage and feel much better prepared for an emergency. I even learned to use coupons at the mall. Now I find ways to save money whenever I go shopping.

I also finally found renters insurance that will insure these fire prone mountain houses. So I am now insured in case of emergency which makes me feel much better. I also purchased life insurance so that we are safe in case of emergency.

We have also invited lots of fun people over to our house and enjoyed having visitors. I love having people over! A lot of that has been due to us not being able to go out as many times. We have enjoyed the different people and I think that I enjoy having people over more than going out for the evening. Plus we have got to know the members of our branch better.

I guess a lot of good can come from a loss of income. I am grateful for the experience although I hope I have learned what I need to from it and now don't have to experience it again. Hopefully next time we will have a good savings and it won't be so bad. So my advice to pass on is save, save, save, because you never know when you will have to live on less money.

0 comments: