CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, October 27, 2008

It has been a long weekend. Ali had dance practice both Friday and Saturday morning, plus pictures and a costume fitting. Cameron also convinced me to get a pedicure which was very nice and did not contribute to the long weekend. (Cameron and Ashling went on a hike with Grandpa in the morning while we were busy.) Then she had a soccer game in the afternoon. We also had to put together costumes for a party we went to on Saturday night. Then we had the party which was fun and relaxing. Cameron was surprised because I know more people on the mountain now than he does. (That is what happens when I see them at school, girl scouts, soccer practice and whatever else we end up doing up here. The good news about all my running around is that I do meet a lot of different people up here.) My house has suffered from the lack of time spent on cleaning it and looked completely destroyed by Sunday morning.

I was very tired on Sunday and in a little bit of a bad mood. Which might have been what led to my embarrassing moment at church. My new calling is primary singing time music leader. I do not really enjoy this calling and it isn't the easiest thing for me. In fact I have no ability to keep an internal beat. So after failing to keep the kids with the beat of the music (played on a cd because we don't have a piano player) for the 5th time I was a little frustrated. I was also tired and hungry which are never good combinations for pregnant women. In addition a lady at church asked me when I was due and when I said January she said,"Oh well you still have a very long time to go." This comment along with others this week made me very upset. Don't ever tell a pregnant lady she still has a long time to go even if it is true. I already feel like I have been pregnant for an eternity and she is sentencing me to another eternity.

One of my friends at church asked me a question and the next thing I know I am crying in the lobby after church. As everybody leaves they see me and want to know what is wrong which just makes me cry more. Pregnancy hormones are so not fun! I went home and had another good cry feeling like I would never learn to lead music the right way and that I would certainly never be done being pregnant.

My sweet husband helped clean the messy house up, cooked dinner, did some laundry and even made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. So today I feel much better and hopefully can finish cleaning the house. But I am still pregnant and will likely be forever plus I still have to figure out how to keep the kids and myself singing with the music and against it. Do you think we can sing without the piano for the program?

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh I totally feel for you! You deserve every bit of Cameron's help! What a good good husband!
You will be having this baby before you know it. Seriously, the last 3 months were the very fastest for me! So no worries. You will NOT be pregnant forever. Just a little bit longer! DO you guys have name ideas yet?!
Love you lots and lots!

Ina said...

I heard Cameron playing the piano while we were up there. I think it is time for Cameron to learn the songs for the promary program. He wouldn't have to come in primary every week just play with the primary two or three times before the program and then durning the program.

Barbara said...

your pregnancy will end, and then you will have a beautiful baby girl. well worth it. We need a girls night away. Let me know when you are available. What are your plans for thanksgiving?