CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring Break



It was more than a little disappointing to not be able to go camping. I wanted to feel the sun on my back and stretch my legs out hiking until they hurt. I wanted to feel the warm water wash across my body as we swam in the warm pools. I wanted to sit in front of a campfire and sleep in a tent. But sick kids and cold windy nights were not a good mix so we rescheduled for the end of May when it is destined to be warmer-at another campground.

Friday Cameron and I didn't do much. We got his car worked on and bought Ashling some pants. When we got home we looked at a weather report and it was supposed to be raining or snowing and cold all the following week. At which point I started to cry. I did not want to be stuck in the house with three little girls and nothing to do.

I quietly checked the weather in Phoenix which was supposed to be much warmer. I started dreaming of a nice relaxing week with my sister and mom to help me take care of my girls. I mentioned my idea to Cameron. My good husband just wanted to stop my crying in anyway possible and so he said that sounded like a great plan. I quickly called and was told I could come and so I began packing.

I worried about driving with the 3 girls all by myself. But it went well. By the time I was 20 minutes from my sister's house the girls were about ready to mutiny. But when I told them that we were almost there they settled down and waited excitedly.

We went to the zoo while we were there. It is a pretty good zoo. We wondered how they could have animals there when it was so hot. The vegetation was beautiful though and it kept us cool and out of the sun most of the time.

Other than that we went on bike rides, walks and played in the water. The girls colored and watched movies with grandma Bonnie. We played with my brother's old legos and with Strawberry shortcake dolls. I read a couple books and at night we played Settlers of Cataan. It was a nice peaceful trip and I will plan on spending every spring break there.

I came home to a warm house and a very cold yard. (Cameron had kept the house warm with a nice fire.) It was dreary for all of Friday and Saturday. I am glad that we could see the warm sun during spring break.

P.S. Don't feel too bad for Cameron having to stay home and work. He went out to the sand dunes with a couple of other guys whose wives had left for spring break. His parents fed him one night and his sister fed him another. He didn't get to come with us but I think the break was good for him too!

0 comments: