CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

turning up the heat!



Cameron left around 8:30 pm to join most of the other elders for a late night party. They were going to ride across some trails on 4-wheelers until the wee hours of the morning. I guess a lot of them had bought new bikes and the bikes need to be ridden for long distances at slow speeds to "break them in." I planned to go to bed because I felt sick after checking my email and blogs...

I laid down in bed with a book and Annika and I read while she filled her little tummy for the night. Ali was coughing in the other room and I could hear the humidifier going. I could hardly keep my eyes open because I wasn't feeling well myself. After Annika was burped, swaddled, and tucked in I turned off the light, turned up the heat on the space heater and went to sleep.

I think it was about 30 minutes later when Ashling crawled in bed with me crying. Her toes were freezing and she cuddled in bed until she was warm and then I carried her to bed. This time I made sure to tuck her in well-I forgot to check if the kids were covered since Cameron always does this. I then went upstairs and turned up the heat so that we would be warm since everyone was sick. I promptly fell back asleep.

Ali came in about 15 minutes later and told me that her throat hurt and she needed a drink. I sent her to get a drink. A little later Cameron came in and kissed me and told me he had survived his crazy trip. He checked on the girls and they were covered and warm. He crawled in bed after his shower and we slept.

Annika woke up and couldn't breathe well so I sucked her nose out and then rocked her back to sleep. I went back to sleep. A little while later Ali came in and told me she didn't feel well. I gave her more motrin and robitussin and then put her back in bed. She was freezing and so I turned up the heat again. A little later I woke up and needed my own drink of water.

Annika woke up early unable to breathe again and Cameron held her in bed until his alarm went off and he got up to go to work. I think I got about a half hour of sleep at a time all night. 3 kids who are sick at once is quite a daunting task! Now I am trying to have a productive day with 3 sick kids and a sick mommy. Hopefully we are all better tomorrow so we can go camping!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh I am SO sorry! I hope it passes quickly and that you're all better for camping. :)
Also, Jeff and I are going to AZ for the wedding. We won't be making it to the CA one because Jeff's family will be in town (UT) that weekend. But I think Shar & Trav will be in CA. Wish we could see you, it'd be so fun!

Shar said...

I hope that you are all feeling better soon! Wish we lived closer so we could help out with all of that. HOpefully we'll see you in a few weeks for the open house! We'd love to meet Annika and see the girls :)