CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, April 19, 2009

We're going to see U2!

Yes we are going to see the U2 concert in October in Las Vegas. All 10 of us (meaning Cameron's sibs and spouses and Cam's parents.) I guess this is one concert you can bring your parents to see too! Thanks to Cam's siblings they decided that just getting the new U2 album for his 30th birthday was not enough so they bought us U2 tickets too. But the concert in So Cal was on a Sunday and nobody wanted that.... so they decided on Vegas. Thank you very much for adding me in to the 30th birthday plans.

In other Cameron birthday news I threw a 30th birthday party for him. It was not a surprise party but he did not know all the details and really didn't know what we were doing. I wish I had a scanner because the invites I sent out were pretty cool. For his party we had grown up food and no kids invited. My neices who are 10 watched my girls and did an excellent job. I can't wait until they are really old enough to baby-sit all the time. I loved how the house turned out for a bigger party. I pulled the couches back so there was more room and then set up camp chairs to add to the camping theme. I made a mountain cake to go along with the "you are not over the hill yet but are at the summit" theme. I bought Cameron an outdoor fire pit and we put that on our deck outside. Then we had a fire going in the wood burning stove too. This way everything was open and it gave the illusion of a bigger house and also the comfort of fires inside and out. I had everyone tell a "camp fire" story about Cameron. It turned out good and I congradulate myself because I was not stressed out and had all party stuff done about 2 hours before the party was about to begin... and I did that with 3 kids to take care of too.

1 comments:

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Cameron!!
Love all the pictures. I am impressed you have some from every year! And this cake is awesome! Your spring break looked fun!!