CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, June 29, 2009

"firsts"

I spent the day with my children. They helped me clean this morning, we went on a walk to the park and then we played school all afternoon taking a break for recess and snack. It was a nice day and everyone experienced some firsts that I enjoyed watching.

Ali is learning multiplication. I thought that they teach it in second grade and so we better get ahead and start learning. It is amazing that she is learning the concept so quickly and it sure is fun teaching her. It makes me wonder if I would like home schooling?

Ashling is learning to read. Today she had some simple works and was able to figure out how to spell each of them and she wrote each of the words down. I can't believe she has another year until kindergarten! She is going to be reading by then!

Annika and I were eating breakfast together this morning and I was playing a game with her. Each time I fed her a bite I said, "mmmmm" and she thought it was so funny. We enjoyed our breakfast and the time spent together. Tonight at dinner Cameron was feeding Annika her food while we were all eating. After a bite Annika said, "mmmm." I noticed that it was what I had said this morning. Then each time she was ready for a bite she said, "mmmm" instead of screaming which has been her normal approach. She thought that this was a great way to communicate and was very pleased with herself. I am very happy that she will not be screaming at the dinner table whenever she wants a bite! (Hopefully she will turn the "mmmm" into "mama" before long too. I would love to beat Daddy for the first word!

I am glad I am at home with my girls to experience all their firsts. I couldn't think of a better job and I am happy to play with them each and every day.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I loved this post! It is the very best part about being a mom!! Although I am terrified of everything i need to teach my kids. I hope they do as well at reading and math!

Nicole said...

ps. thanks for your garden ideas. I'm going to try it this weekend!