CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, June 15, 2009

A swimming weekend!

We went to Stacey and Tony's house for the weekend. Everytime we go to Phoenix the weather is horrible here and wonderful there. And I always want to move there. It was about 90-95 the entire time and I loved it! I guess it is nice to go there during cold fronts because the weather is more pleasant there during cold fronts.

Stacey and Tony just moved in to a nice new house, (with a pool,) and needed a little painting help and we needed a swimming weekend. We got both. We swam a lot and painted a lot. I don't have any finished product pictures but soon I bet Stacey will put some on her blog. They chose a light blue/green color for the kitchen and accented it with chocolate in the living room. It lookes really good. The theme of the room with eventually be beach themed.

While there we had a barbecue and swim party with Cameron's cousins, Rich and Jenn, and their 3 girls. They are our examples. They got married a year before us and they have a little girl a year ahead of Ali and one a year ahead of Ashling. Then they have one more little girl who is just barely 3. The girls had a blast playing together and Jenn got pictures that I will post if I can get her to email them to me. Her oldest Abby and Ali played together so well it was amazing. It is always nice to have family!
The proud owners of a new house!


guess who learned to swim.... Ashling. Ashling kept getting more and more used to how to move in the water but she insisted that she could not swim without her floaties on. I did a couple small lessons where she mostly cried and screamed and everyone tried to help her to swim. Then I took her out by myself to the pool. Of course she again screamed and screamed. But I just ignored it and told her calmly what to do. I let go of her and told her to swim under the water to the steps. And she did. Then I gave her lots and lots of praise and told her she was swimming. You should have seen the big grin spread across her face as she realized that she could swim. Then she jumped back in the water to me and swam back to me. She repeated this a couple of times under the water and I realized she was right at the top so I told her to come up and take a breath and then she was actually swimming! I am so proud of her because she is not scared at all now. She even jumped off the diving board without the floatie
here she is swimming under the water without floaties.


Ali is a little fish. She swam all over the pool and learned to dive. Her dive is not perfect but is much better than I can do. I think I will have to take a class so I am in the know on diving. She loved playing in the water and got lots of exercise swimming around.




Ali loved the mask and the snorkel. I think I found my perfect snorkeling buddy. Hawaii here we come! (when we have enough money.)
She also loved diving to the bottom of the 8 foot pool to get things.Their pool was amazing. With an automatic cover that protects the kids from falling in it stayed at almost 90 degrees the entire time we were there. (I am so jealous of the pool that the only color I can see is green!) Annika enjoyed swimming for the first time. She loved to kick her legs in the water.
Cameron is very good at painting and he spent all his time cutting in edges. He reminded me that he has had lots of training at work and is a professional painter. (So you can hire him to paint your house too.) I would only roll after he ran the paint brush around the edges.


Stacey is much nicer than me and let the girls paint too!

0 comments: