CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, June 18, 2009

My job

I have been a little confused about what my job is for months now. At least since Annika appeared in my life and made me a mother of three I have had too many jobs to do. I have felt that I must be living just to do the laundry that my family makes each and every day. Or to pick up messes that my children leave as a path across the floor when they come home after a long day. Or maybe to clean dirty bathrooms or vacuum floors to perfection. Possibly my job consists of making delicious dinners and washing the dirty dishes I have created. But all this cleaning has made me cranky and my kids neglected.

Lately though I have learned that my job only has fringe benefits of occasional cleaning. My full-time job is the best. I get to play, laugh, tickle, hug, read to, and dance around with my beautiful daughters. I get to go to the park, the library, watch movies, play games and hold these special girls. We can look at bugs and butterflies and explore the world around us.... and if there are clean clothes to wear then this is a fringe benefit of my staying home full time.

My full-time job is not to keep the house clean but to at least make a dent in the mountains of laundry. My full-time job is not to have a perfectly vacuumed, mopped and dusted house... those will come later along with sliding doors with no finger prints. I have invited people over lately and played with the kids instead of doing laundry and everyone is happier. So if you come to my house and notice it is not completely clean just remember what my real full-time job is.

1 comments:

Mama Bean said...

What will kids remember anyway? The clean house...or THE FUN!!!!