CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Spring

It has been a beautiful weekend. On Saturday we woke up and Cameron made French Toast for breakfast. Then we packed a little lunch and went hiking. We hiked on the Discovery Trail by Keller Peak. I was amazed that my little Ali hiked the whole six miles that we hiked. Can you believe she could hike so far?

Then we went swimming with Chalon, Denali, Torrey, Whitney and Elias. (It was at least 90 degrees down the hill.) It was fun to hang out with Denali and Torrey and get to just enjoy then on a more one on one basis. Ashling enjoyed hanging out with Whitney in the baby pool and Aunt Chalon watched those three.

After swimming we came home and were getting ready for a bar b cue we were having. Cameron was vacuuming out his car and Ali and Ashling were riding around the driveway with their bicycles. Ali said, "Look Daddy, I can ride my bike..." And just like that my little girl is riding her bike. I am a little dismayed that she is growing up so fast. She is riding her bike, hiking six miles, swimming with the best of us, and growing so fast.

Later we enjoyed dinner with some people from our ward. It is fun to have people over especially when we don't know them really well. I enjoy getting to know everyone in our ward.

Today it was even warmer. We walked out after church and instead of a chill it felt warmer than inside. That is the best feeling. We came home opened our windows and sat outside together in the sun. I fell asleep in the sun and took a nice nap. How could a weekend be more perfect than that?

1 comments:

Shar said...

that does sound like a perfect weekend! the past few days have been sunny and warm here, too. We went on a walk as a family yesterday, then Kapria and I went again today. it's awesome - I love it!
I can't belive Alli is doing so much! Since we haven't seen you in awhile it seems like she should still be little and Ashling should still be crawling. ha ha ha!