CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Backaches and green salads

My back has been hurting for the past two days. This has not been a little ache but it has hurt so much that I have gotten up at night and stayed up until the medicine begins to take hold. I was told that I should go to the doctor to make sure everything was alright and so I scheduled my OB appointment for a little earlier in the week and went to the OB. My appointment went as follows... pee in a cup (Ashling thought this was hilarious and claimed that she was never going to pee in a cup.) weight myself (oh no! Why have I gained weight again! And why do they have to weigh us?) and then I went into the room. The doctor decided she needed to check to make sure I wasn't in labor and so she did and I wasn't. (Don't you think I would know if I was in labor? This is my third child after all?) She measured the baby who is right on schedule and listened to the heart beat. (Ashling thinks this is amazing, how does the baby do that?) About the back pain... "third children are rough you will probably just have more and more back pain...." So why did I even go to the doctor if there is nothing they can do?!?!

Then I went to my already scheduled chiropractor appointment. He is the man who will fix it. I sat in his office and he acknowledged my issues, yes my back was extremely tight, he massaged it and then cracked it in place. I can't say I feel 100% but I sure feel better knowing that there is something that someone can do for me. I actually felt like I could walk around and do things and he admonished me to continue exercising and not to eat. (Great another comment about how we don't need to gain the weight that the baby magically puts on us.) Anyways I guess the moral to this story is that if you want something done go to the right person to take care of it.

On the way home the Bus Stop salad was calling to me. I could hear it around each curve up the mountain. I could smell the vinegarete dressing as I raced up each passing lane. I could even taste the delicious candied pecans as I tried unsuccessfully to make Mr. Slow Driver pull over in a turn out. No matter how I tried to convince myself that PB&J at home was just fine the salad called to me. So eventually I answered the call and bought myself a salad. It was wonderful and satisfied my craving completely. (And it was salad so it shouldn't put any weight on right?)

0 comments: