CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Random Thoughts

I just thought I would post on what we have been up to lately. On Friday we went to Disneyland again. We met our friends the Holmes there and enjoyed the parade, space mountain(Ali and Cameron,) the rockets (Ashling and I,) The toy story ride, Winnie the Pooh, Splash Mountain (Ashling and Cameron) and Mattahorn (Ali and Cameron.) I did not enjoy the Nemo Ride at all. It is a tight ride and you are underwater and spend a lot of time looking at concrete walls. After about 10 minutes I really wanted out of the ride but had to endure another 5 minutes. Next time I am sending the girls by themselves! They love the ride.

On Saturday we bought new tires for the Subaru! Yea I love to spend money on something as completely necessary and completely boring as tires. But since Cameron's tires have been completely bald I was glad to have them on so I won't have to worry about him as much anymore.

I went to Woman's conference with Sue, Chalon, Erin and Marion. It was fun to eat a little dinner and sit and visit before the meeting. The conference was wonderful and I loved Elder Uchtdorf's talk. Then I had to come home and prepare for singing time in Primary the next day. I felt that even though I was not able to spend more than about a half hour preparing it went really well. I am grateful for inspiration in whatever calling I am serving in. Right now singing time is hard for me but I guess I will grow with the calling.

Today I went to Costco and tried to stock up and bulk up our food storage a little more today. (I got tomato sauce, soup, canned chicken and canned tomatoes for extra food storage. I also got the coolest first aid kit to go in my car and a big carton of bottled water. I try to keep a 72 hour kit in my car. I think it is the most useful here of anywhere. I always need things like a change of underwear and clothes for the kids, extra socks, water and that extra snack when I am not at home. Hopefully now that my car is almost done we can start working on Cameron's car.

Anyways we have been busy and enjoying life. It rained yesterday and we were particularly grateful for that.

3 comments:

Mama Bean said...

Hey do you know how much Disneyland tickets are for peeps on so. Cali to buy. We are coming there in Dec. THANKS!!

Nicole said...

Sounds like you're keeping busy! I loved your 100 post. You guys have been so many cool places. How awesome!! And your salad post made me crave a salad. That should help me get rid of the baby weight. so thanks. :)

Unknown said...

I really liked your top 100 places you've been list. I may have to steel that idea!