CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, September 19, 2008

Prop 8 and a busy week

If you don't live in California you may never have heard of Prop 8 and even if you live in California it may not be that big of a deal to you. But it is to us who live in California. We are starting to eat, drink and breathe Prop 8. And since it may take all our money we really are going to have to eat and drink it. So I thought I would give you your own healthy serving of Prop 8.

Prop 8 is the proposition to protect marriage on the California state constitution. It says that only a man and woman can be married. I think it is weird that we need to have this put on our constitution. Don't you think it makes sense? I asked Ali and Ashling who gets married and they knew. A boy and a girl. But somehow our corrupt society has decided any two living, breathing organisms should be able to marry. I hope we have the courage as a society to stand up for some morals now before it is too late. I don't want it to be after my first grader has to learn in school that marriage doesn't mean anything.

As California liberal supreme court judges decided to overturn a decision already made in California to only allowed a man and a woman to marry we now have to try and pass the law again. It is not doing as well this time and needs all the help the prop can get. Everyone I know is calling, walking the streets and donating money to help it pass. If you are interested and out of state you can donate too because everyone knows that whatever happens in California will carry over to lots of the rest of the country.

Anyways on to other things.... This has been a very busy week. I am tired. Soccer practice, grocery shopping, cleaning, driving to preschool, appointments, story time and the like have kept me busy. I can't believe I still have 17 weeks to go in this pregnancy. I would like to be done now! My best news is that finally after visiting 10 quilting fabric stores I found the fabric I want to make a baby quilt out of. As soon as I can buy it I will be busy quilting too...

1 comments:

Nicole said...

WE have definitely been hearing stuff about it lately. I can't donate money, but I can pray!! Yikes, it really is scary what is happening to our country lately.
Good luck with the baby quilt. You'll have to post pictures for sure!!!