CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, August 17, 2009

7 months



I was looking at a tiny baby yesterday and imagining Annika that small. I almost can't remember it. I almost can't remember the tiny clothes, the cuddly baby who molded to my arms, the tiny body that couldn't do anything for itself. I can't remember the baby who slept for hours and hours during the day and who I could lay in one place and expect her to stay there until I moved her. I can't remember when she couldn't only smile with her eyes and the only window to her mood was her cry. I can't remember that tiny cry that motivates so quickly.

I have a big 7 month old who wants to be just like her sisters. She is constantly moving. She rolls, scoots, kicks and grabs with her hands. She pinches, feeds herself, plays with toys, watches movies and mostly watches her sisters. A lady at church told me that when she walks she will be running and I expect that she will. She never wants to sit still. She loves to go on hikes as long as we keep moving but when we stop she is ready to get out and explore the dirt. She does not even like to sit because it is too still for her. Sometimes she doesn't even seem like a baby and I miss it.

Last night I got another glimpse of my tiny baby. I wrapped her up in her swaddle blanket and laid her in the middle of a big down blanket on the floor. We were at a friend's house and it was past her bedtime. I checked on her a little while later and she had her arm out of the blanket and was cuddled against the edge. She still looked like my little baby.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!!!