CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, August 24, 2009

The Gobble Monster and the banana Moon

It is almost back to school and I have a few things to say.

I miss Cameron who has been busy working doing engineering and then building a sidewalk at his parents. I am surprised by the chilly cool mornings and the fact that the sun is setting earlier and earlier. I was in awe of the beautiful fully red maple tree I saw in a yard recently. Our pines are about to shed their undercoating of dead pine needles making then look dressed for fall.

I am amazed at how scary gobble monsters who wait in closets can be to children.

I enjoyed looking at the banana moon through my stairway window last night.
Ali loves that moon the most.

I am very appreciative of this world today. I love fall and the first fruits of it are tantalizing me. I love harvesting my tomatoes, I love looking at my one green softball size pumpkin and imagining a jack o lantern. The yellow zucinni flowers are beautiful and chocolate zuccini cake in better than any other cake. I am trying 10 different ways to use all the zucinni I have been blessed with. I love crisp days, sweatshirts, jackets and jeans. I can't wait for the oranges, reds and yellows of the leaves to appear on the trees. I am excited for this weekend and for the next weekend. We have great adventures planned and I can't wait.

I am happy today.

2 comments:

Joni said...

Hi Melissa! Your girls have gotten so big! It's been a long time since I've seen them and you! It was fun to see your blog.
Hugs, Joni

Joni said...

Hi Melissa,
Your girls have gotten so big! It's been a long time since I've seen them and you. It was fun to see your blog.
Hugs, Joni