CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Our Wedding Day



The morning started off early. I scheduled my hair appointment for very early. Angie came with me to help make sure everything went well. My hairdresser did not show on time and I was already a little nervous. It took longer than expected to get my hair done after that and now all my plans to be early were amiss...I was running late. Angie did my makeup because although I felt old enough to get married I still could not really put on make up. I used Stacey's eye lash curler for the first time ever and like the results. I was getting later and later. I did not like to be late and was very nervous. At some point we called Cameron and family and let them know we were running late.

My mom rushed me out the door and drove towards the hotel where Cameron and family were staying. We were much later than I had even warned them. I put my nylons on while my mom drove down the road. My mom dirrected a man who was looking a little to closely at me to look away. At the hotel Cameron and his parents were in the car already waiting for us to arrive. (This is the only time in my entire marriage where my mother-in-law was in the car waiting for us to arrive because she was ready first. And I would publicly like to thank her for that.)

We arrived at the temple and got ready. We were led in to a room together to have a few moments before we would be married for time and all eternity. We sat together waiting for the time when we would be married. (Mormon weddings are different and it is kosher to see each other before the ceremony.) We kept waiting and waiting for what seemed like forever. We started wondering if they were really going to let us get married. And we kept wondering. I was just starting to get really nervous when someone came for us. (Later I found out that I15 had been closed through Sandy and that we were waiting for Uncle Don and Aunt Ellen to arrive. I am so glad we waited for them as I love them so much now and am glad they were at our wedding.)

They led us into the Sealing Room where we would be married. I won't share many details of the actual wedding but I will say that I have never been so happy in my life. I cried and cried and was so glad that we had finally made it to that moment.

After the wedding we went outside to see all our friends and family who couldn't come in to the temple. Angie gave me a hug first and then I hugged my other family members. I enjoyed taking pictures like I never have before or since. My face was in a permanent smile and I didn't mind the whole world knowing. Everyone else left after awhile to get ready for our luncheon after the ceremony. But we kept taking pictures and more pictures.

Finally we had walked around the whole temple and the picture taking session and video making sessions were done! We hurried to the car where my mom and Cameron's dad were waiting to drive us to our luncheon. I have never seen Mike drive so erratically before or since this day. In fact we accuse him of driving too carefully lately but on this day he had a mission. And the mission was to get us to our luncheon that we were very late for. The problem was that the freeway was shut down and the 20 minute drive from Alpine to Sandy turned into an hour long adventure. Cameron and sat in the backseat and didn't really care that we were late while Mike drove taking corners at much more than advised speeds in the VW vanigan. He navigated through the streets of Draper and Sandy trying to take the back road but so was every one else.

We were late to the luncheon. Painfully late. They had already began to eat when we got there. But it was beautiful and everything was fine. We had the luncheon in our neighbor's great room and it worked perfectly. I was so pleased with all the effort that went into it.

1 comments:

Shar said...

TEN YEARS?! I can't believe it! Congrats :) So I am STILL sad that we weren't able to come to your wedding/reception. I was glad to be able to read about it. And I loved what you said about your ring. especially those last two lines. You are. You are!