CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The ring


I did not know what I wanted for a wedding ring. We walked through a few stores as people do when they are young and in love looking at rings but I was a very young and couldn't imagine wearing anything on my finger. Not that I didn't want the ring I just didn't want anything flashy or too showy. I was simple. I wanted something small. I didn't wear makeup and rarely wore any jewelry at all. I wore jeans and tee-shirts. Everything seemed much to extravagant for me. We kept looking and I kept being disappointed. We browsed many stores that summer but we never found anything that I wanted. I wondered if I should even get a ring. Maybe we should have designed our own ring but no one did that then and I didn't even know that you could.

Then we went on a date to Big Bear. We walked in a jewelry shop just for fun and looked at the rings. They were all black hills gold and I was in love. I found my ring there. It was a black hills gold ring with a little pink leaf and a little green leaf. The center was a diamond rose. I had found my rose just like my ring and I was in love.

Cameron worked all fall for that ring. He put the ring on lay away. When he had saved the money for the ring he walked in there with cash. But there was one small problem... he didn't remember that the ring would have tax. A week or so later he had the whole ring paid off. My girl's future husbands better make their ring purchases with cash too it is a requirement!

I love my ring so much. It is simple. It is elegant and the diamond is beautiful in a unassuming way. Like I want to be.

2 comments:

Mama Bean said...

What? No picture of the ring?

Cameron/Melissa said...

that is the best picture I can get.... right now my ring needs to be fixed so I can't take a good picture of it... maybe someday I will have money that isn't already called for and we can fix the ring.